RE: [Axiom-mail] Symbolic calculation with symbols

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-mail] Symbolic calculation with symbols
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 22:38:02 -0400

Hans,

Perhaps the following pages on MathAction will be of some use
to you

http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/UseProductAndSum
http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/CreateIndexedVariables

Please let me know if what I have written is clear.

I would like to expand this HowTo section as new questions are
asked or better answers are created. If anyone feels like helping
with this task, it would of course be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Bill Page.

PS. If you subscribe to MathAction (as a whole or to an individual
page), you will receive notices whenever a page is added or updated.
Right now, MathAction is set to send notices for all additions or
changes and this sometimes generates a lot of messages if someone
(like me :) makes a lot of small changes. The only alternative that
I know of right now is to set an option so that only new additions
(and not changes) are sent as notices. I would be interested in your
opinion about whether I should choose this less verbose alternative.