[Axiom-mail] Infinite Sums

From: Carl McTague
Subject: [Axiom-mail] Infinite Sums
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 15:00:34 -0400

Hello,

I'm new to Axiom, but hope not to be for long.  This program seems
poised to rock my world.

Say, I'm experimenting with very simple things in order to get a feeling
for the system, but am having a few difficulties.  For instance, can you
tell me if I am going about the following in the best possible way?

(2) -> limit( sum( n**-2, n=1..k ), k=%plusInfinity )

   (2)  "failed"
                           Type: Union("failed",...)

I was hoping for %pi^2/6.

Sorry if this is a commonly asked question.

Thanks,
  Carl