Re: [Axiom-mail] Axiom portal and mathematical wiki comments

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] Axiom portal and mathematical wiki comments
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 07:32:28 -0400

Bill,

Good job. I'll look at it this evening.

I'm working to connect Axiom to Apache so we can execute commands
directly in a webpage and get the output (especially good since
Axiom generates TeX). Once I get that to work we can figure out
how to connect it to your wiki pages.

Once we get pages that can be edited and a way to execute Axiom
expressions with results that can be embedded, the next step seems
to be connecting the pages back to the Axiom distribution.

I'd like make possible a two-way exchange. Literate programs that
exist in the Axiom distribution can be displayed and updated in
your wiki. Wiki pages can be folded back into the Axiom distribution.

If we get the two-way exchange to work then we can put the whole Axiom
book online and people can expand it at will.

Tim