[Axiom-mail] (no subject)

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-mail] (no subject)
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 12:53:00 -0500

Subject: Axiom, Rosetta, and Quantian
--text follows this line--
Dirk,

I've just tripped across your Quantian site.
(http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/quantian.html)

I see that you have a CD tailored to numerical and quantitative analysis.
I'd like to work with you on two fronts.

FIrst, I'm the lead developer of Axiom, a large, free and open source
computer algebra system. I'd like to work with you to add it to the
Quantian CD if you feel it might be useful to your target audience.

Second, I distribute a Rosetta CD at conferences I attend. I have dozens
of free and open source algebra packages that I've collected and I
select a subset of them, based on the nature of the conference, to
create a CD. Perhaps some of them are of interest to you. In particular,
I have a file called "Rosetta" that has tables which tell you how to
write a command in a dozen different systems (e.g how to make a matrix
in Axiom, Mathematica, Maple, etc).

Michel Lavaud distributes a similar Rosetta CD for Windows.

Let me know if you have any interest.

Tim Daly
address@hidden,
address@hidden