Re: [Axiom-mail] compilation of .as files within axiom

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] compilation of .as files within axiom
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 08:49:05 -0500

Ralf,

> Could someone point me to some documentation about the use of .as files
> to extend AXIOM?

As I haven't been using the Aldor compiler I don't know the procedure.
Some of Axiom's users have and I'll ask.

> I've just compiled AXIOM and realised that the Aldor compiler is not in
> the distribution. OK, it's not too difficult to get it from aldor.org
> and install it.
>
> But what I am missing is libaxiom.a[l].
>
> I have found it here
>
> dragonfly:/zvol/axiom/cvs>find |grep libaxiom
> ./axiom/src/share/algebra/libaxiom.al
>
> but not in the installation directory after 'make install'.

We need to figure out a way to work with the aldor.org folks
to get an installable distribution for Axiom. It is clearly
possible to do but it will need "packaging".

> I would find it very helpful if after a compilation there would be a
> line printed which points me to some web-page (or even local page) where
> I then can find additional things that need be done in order to get a
> complete system (like installing TeXmacs and aldor, and copying
> libaxiom.al by hand etc.)

That's a good idea. I don't have this information readily available
but I'll look it up and write it.

Tim