Re: [Axiom-mail] Help with AXIOM

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] Help with AXIOM
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 10:12:47 -0500

Elias,

I am going to a funeral service for Dick Jenks today but I'll be back
later this evening. If you can give me a detailed idea of what kind
of time you are trying to measure I can work with you to find the
particular functions you need. The available timing functions from
the underlying lisp are in the GCL documentation and I'll try to
find them and summarize them for you.

In general you can call any lisp function from Axiom directly by using
the uppercase version of the name. For example to call the lisp function

)lisp (defun foo (x y) (+ x y))

you can call it in algebra code thus:

FOO()$LISP

Let me know how else I can help.