RE: [Axiom-mail] problem using axiom in texmacs

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-mail] problem using axiom in texmacs
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 08:42:21 -0400

Koen,

The new open source version of Axiom is a little
different than the older commercial (NAG) version.
As a result, you must install an updated version
of the TeXmacs - Axiom interface program. Go to

  http://savannah.nongnu.org/files/?group=axiom

and take a look at

  Axiom_Texmacs 1.0.2

Simple instructions are included in the README.txt
file.

and also the files under

  Axiom_Book

So far, this new interface for TeXmacs has not been
tested very much. Also TeXmacs 1.0.2 is a new version
of TeXmacs. I am beginning to think that this combination
shows a lot of promise, but I would have to say that the
behaviour is still a little "fagile". I was however able
to get through almost all of the computations in the
introduction section of the Axiom book and some initial
formatting of the contents in just a few hours last
night.

If you have any problems, I would be glad to try
to help.

Cheers,
Bill Page.