Re: [Axiom-mail] Axiom Journal

From: Mike Dewar
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] Axiom Journal
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 10:38:56 +0000

While I like Tim's idea in theory, I think Emil has made some valid
points about using existing Journals.  Setting up an electronic journal
which is regarded in the same light as an existing paper-based one is
actually very difficult.

Although SIGSAM and JSC are the obvious routes for printed papers in
this subject, there is also the LMS Journal of Computation and
Mathematics at http://www.lms.ac.uk/jcm.  This is a fully-refereed
electronic journal although paper copies are produced for copyright
libraries (I understand that this gets the Journal an ISSN number,
papers have page numbers etc, and as a result its easier for academics
to get credit for papers published there).  I believe you can add any
attachments you wish to the paper, so they would probably be happy to
accept pamphlet files as appendices.  James Davenport is the
editor-in-chief by the way.

Cheers, Mike.