Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom docker image

From: daly
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom docker image
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 13:47:18 -0600

>> But do you know what levels of the OS's are required?

>I have run it the latest distributions of Fedora, Ubuntu, and Debian.
>I have also run it in a VirtualBox on MAC. VirtualBox implementations
>run on MAC and Windows.

>See https://docs.docker.com/installation for installation on
>MAC OS X, Ubuntu, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Oracle Linux, CentOS,
>Debian, Gentoo, Google Cloud Platorm, Rackspace Cloud, Amazon EC2,
>IBM Softlayer, Arch Linux, FrugalWare, Fedora, SUSE, CRUX Linux,
>and Microsoft Windows.

>Axiom's docker image should run on all of those although I believe
>docker requires a 64-bit image, at least in the VirtualBox images.

I just tried the Windows installation.

1) visit https://docs.docker.com/installation/windows
2) click on the DockerforWindows link
3) execute the downloaded file
4) click on Boot2Docker icon
5) type "docker pull daly/axiom"
6) type "docker run -i -t daly/axiom axiom"

and you have a running Axiom on Windows. Total time less than 5 minutes.

Tim