Re: [Axiom-developer] 3D solid models

From: daly
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] 3D solid models
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 09:21:07 -0500

Actually, what I would like to do is hook Axiom up to Pontiflex
which is a bridge building program.

Axiom could attach a DHMatrix (4x4 matrix) at each end of every
beam to model the forces at each connection. Then we could
mathematically compose the forces, apply stress/strain curves
for the chosen material (e.g. steel), and predict when and where
the bridge would fail.

There could be a BEAM class with property functions (e.g.
strain(matrix,matrix) -> elongation
with domains implementing the functions for different materials.

In Pontiflex one can impose loads on the bridge to see it fail.
Axiom could try to predict the failures.

It would make a great game, educational without the pain.

ah, if I only had the time...