Re: [Axiom-developer] Vim syntax file

From: Fabio S.
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Vim syntax file
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 13:42:25 +0100 (CET)

Tim, thanks for your comments and hints.

If you want the names of all of the categories, domains, and packages
(assuming you have axiom in a directory called axiom):

cd ~/axiom/books
fgrep abbrev bookvol10.2.pamphlet
fgrep abbrev bookvol10.3.pamphlet
fgrep abbrev bookvol10.4.pamphlet
fgrep abbrev bookvol10.5.pamphlet

10.2 is all the categories, 10.3 is all the domains,
10.4 is almost all the packages, 10.5 is the new numeric packages.

Is there any difference between list of categories (for example) obtained with this method and the list obtained with
)what categories
?

Because if there is not, then it is more simple to handle the second file: less work is required.

The chunk environment is used in the above files not only to
delimit the algebra but also to delimit test cases for each
domain and the documentation for all of the files. These are
extracted, put into their appropriate place (int/input for
tests, mnt/system/doc/spadhelp for documentation) at build time.

Chunk mode is also used in all of the src/input examples,
unit test, and regression test source file pamphlets. These
contain both the Axiom input and expected output (prefixed
by --R comment markers).

You might want to look at the above files in vim to see
if you're handling the many uses of the chunk environment.

I tried to edit the pamphlet and it seems to me that syntax is correctly hilighted.
For example, --R comments are treated just as -- comments.

I'm surprised that you need a vim mode for FriCAS chunks.

Is this remark directed to me?

When you are happy with your vim file send me a copy and
I will add it to the zips directory in the distribution.

The version that I uploaded today seems to me complete enough.
If in the next days there is  no new remark on the list
which gives me some reason/hint to modify it, I don't think I will touch it any more: if you don't see any change for some weeks, you can download it and add it, if you want.

Regards

Fabio