Re: [Axiom-developer] Vim syntax file

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Vim syntax file
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 14:44:58 +0100

On 11/10/2013 01:42 PM, Fabio S. wrote:

>>> http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=4765

>> Umm, maybe I don’t get what you did but there was a vim syntax
>> highlighting file http://axiom-wiki.newsynthesis.org/AxiomInVim
>>

> I didn't know of this file: after I asked on the list and I made the
> first version of my file in 2004, I didn't look around anymore for a
> syntax file. Last month I was writing a small input file in pamphlet
> format and I was upset to not having syntax highlight for axiom code in
> the "chunk" environment, so I managed to have it. After having done
> this, I realized that I never submited it to the vim site: I checked
> there and I found that there still was no axiom syntax file, so I
> (uncorrectly...) assumed there was none available and then I decide to
> submit mine. That's all.
>
> In any case, there is no problem in having two different syntax files:

I think there is. People would have to waste time to test two options.
And it would certainly be easier for all if you could merge your vim
highlighting file with that on the axiom wiki. Would be a good idea to
upload all of that to your github account and do further development in
the public.

Just my 2 cents.

Ralf

PS: Don't get me wrong. I appreciate if people contribute to the Axiom
Family in any way.