Re: [Axiom-developer] [fricas-devel] axiom-wiki: PanAxiom or separate pr

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] [fricas-devel] axiom-wiki: PanAxiom or separate project pages?
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 20:28:17 +0200 (CEST)

> Dear all,
>
> since about two weeks now http://axiom-wiki.newsynthesis.org/
> http://axiom-portal.newsynthesis.org/ are down. The virtual machine is
> no longer hosted by a computer of the sage progject.
>
> Looks like nobody is using these sites. There were no complaints so far.

I freqently look at Axiom wiki and I noticed that it is down.  I did
not complain because recently there were several transient
problems with sage site and I hoped that the problem will
soon go away.

> Is there someone (besides Bill Page who thankfully invested quite a lot
> of work into thes pages) who wants to have these sites back? If yes,
> then please explain why.

Concerning question from the subject: ultimately it is up to
authors if they prefer to write for PanAxiom site or put
material elsewere.  When I tried I did not succeed editing
Axiom wiki so I gave up, but apparantly for lot of folks
it worked.

Regardless of current and future preferences of authors,
it would be shame to loose material accumulated in Axiom
wiki, so I wish the site back.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden