[Axiom-developer] Low-level stuff and where to look for documentation.

From: Guillaume Yziquel
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Low-level stuff and where to look for documentation.
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 21:30:36 +0200

Hello.

I've been reading a few things, as time allows, when it comes to my project of embedding Axiom into OCaml.

As far as I understand it, it seems to be better to bind a GCL interpreter (I do not know Lisp well, so feel free to correct), and access Axiom stuff from this interpreter. So I'm currently looking as to how this should be done.

But, on the other hand, The Axiom / Lisp 'interface' isn't so clear to me. I've been reading chapter 4, and specifically section entitled "Understanding a compiled function", which is the only place I've found low-level information. I've got a few questions on this topic:

-1- What is the purpose of the vmlisp.lisp.pamphlet file?

-2- It also seems that the commands

        )trace ONEP )break
        (trace (ONEP :entry (break))

are equivalent but that one is on the Axiom command prompt and that the other is on the Lisp command prompt. How do you access the Lisp command prompt

-3- Where is the source code of the /usr/lib/axiom-20100701/bin/AXIOMsys file (as installed by Debian)?

Thanks for clarifying these issues...

Best regards,

Guillaume Yziquel.