Re: [Axiom-developer] Compilation problem

From: Fabio S.
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Compilation problem
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 12:34:25 +0200 (CEST)

Maybe I solved my problem.
At least, I have found the cause, but not the reason.

I said that I created a new ubuntu box: it compiled there.

So the problem was in my settings.

I created a new user on my (real) machine: on the new user, it compiled.

So the problem was in my _user_ settings.

I made many tests (removing personal settings in .bashrc, .profile and so on).

The only thing that helped was removing my ~/.axiom.input

After removing that file, the compilation is going on: it is not yet finished but it has gone well past the point where it usually stops.

The content of the .axiom.input file is

-----
++ Copiare questo file nel file "axiom.input" nella propria HOME affinche'
++ axiom lo esegua in partenza
)set            quit                    unprotected
)set            functions compile       on
)set            message time            on
++)set            output                  length  137
)set            output                  length  96
)synonym        uscita                  set output algebra
++)lib /home/stumbo/Axiom_lib/OFMONOID
-----

Fabio