Re: [Axiom-developer] new release and SuSE Linux

From: Tim Daly
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] new release and SuSE Linux
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 04:08:05 -0400

Great. The testing feedback is always welcome.

I'm bogged down right now working through another
CATS integration test suite. Lots of interesting
things are turning up.

I spend a week every 2 months looking at build issues
and general "product cleanup" just before each release.
The next scheduled release is July, likely July 23 if
history is any guide. Hopefully SUSE11.1 will be out
by then. I'll also take a deeper look at the build farm
idea you mentioned.

Tim

Martin Baker wrote:
Tim,

OK, looks like you have things well in hand and you are obviously very busy with all this so it probably best if I don't take up any more of your time now.

Just for the record this is the issue that I was seeing (in the unlikely event that your tests could have missed it).

When I first started using Axiom last year with the May 2009 release and openSUSE 11.1 and I was getting:

System error:
Unknown bfd format

whenever draw was called or when I tried to compile an SPAD file.

However since then there have been lots of new versions of Axiom and a new version of openSUSE and I must admit I have lost track of which combinations that I have tried and if I added:
ulimit -v unlimited
to the startup script.

So when you release the new software I will try it and let you know if there is still an issue (openSUSE 11.3 is coming soon so I will try on that).

Thanks,

Martin Baker