[Axiom-developer] Axiom on savannah.nongnu.org has moved to git

From: daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Axiom on savannah.nongnu.org has moved to git
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 21:30:45 -0500

There was a hard disk failure on the savannah.nongnu.org server.
As a result the Axiom CVS sources were lost.

The latest git version has been posted at
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/axiom

I have been debating the wisdom of maintaining CVS and SVN versions of
Axiom. At this point, the debate is closed. I see no value in
maintaining CVS and SVN versions so they will be dropped everywhere
and moved to git.

The distributed version control model used by git means that every
copy of the repository (including your own) IS the master repository.
There is no need for a central server although these will still be
maintained for git.

Axiom release sources are available with git using:

git clone git://github.com/daly/axiom.git  (github)
git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/axiom.git   (savannah)

If you do need a CVS checkout you can use:

cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/autoconf.git co -d autoconf master

Detailed instructions are at:

http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/UsingGit

Tim