Re: [Fwd: Re: [Axiom-developer] Building Axiom on Slackware]

From: root
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Axiom-developer] Building Axiom on Slackware]
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 23:51:07 -0400

> Please, continue your regularly scheduled work and ignore
> my suggestion (which Stephen reproduced) that happens to work
> for OpenAxiom and FriCAS in the real world on real systems
> (including the one you are talking about.)

Gaby,

So far I've discussed the problem on and off list.
I've searched for the libXpm.a for slackware.
I've found, built, tested, and then tar-gziped the sources.
I've posted the result and updated the faq.
I've set up a new machine with a slackware 12.2 image.
I am planning to add slackware, like I did vector, to the supported systems.
I am rebuilding all of the currently supported systems to test the patch.

All I asked was, did anyone test the patch.
My recollection, possibly wrong, was that the patch failed for some systems.
Please test an Axiom build on slackware and let me know if it works for you.

This hardly constitutes ignoring the problem.
It does constitute ignoring autoconf, which was not the posted patch.

Please try to stay on topic.

Tim