Re: [Axiom-developer] Sage on Scientific Linux?

From: M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Sage on Scientific Linux?
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 19:30:43 -0700

root wrote:
Colleagues,

There is a cross-fertilization that might be very useful for both
the Scientific Linux world and the Sage world.

For those who don't know, Scientific Linux is a linux distribution
that is a "common platform" for scientific users. It was recently
described as:

Sage is an open source effort to create a free and open alternative
to Mathematica, Maple, Magma, and Matlab.

It seems to me that the development of a standardized open source
platform for science and scientific computation have quite common
goals. Indeed, it could be argued quite strongly that this kind of
a platform effort is a strong target for NSF, INRIA, or other major
government funding.

I can answer some trivial questions about both projects but I am
not a "contact person" for either project.
Tim Daly
Axiom