Re: [Axiom-developer] mathML bug? (bug 7113)

From: Arthur Ralfs
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] mathML bug? (bug 7113)
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 23:58:42 -0800

root wrote:
>> -> x:=104348/33215
>>
>>    104348
>>    ------
>>     33215
>>
>> -> factor(numer x)/factor(denom x)
>>
>>    2
>>   ---------
>>   5 7 13 73
>>
>> but mathML output shows:
>>
>>    2
>>   2 191373
>>   ---------
>>    571373
>>

> The mathML lacks spaces so the factored form of the numerator
> and denominator look like random integers. The spaces need to
> be preserved in a factored object. So I'd expect the output
> to look like the algebra output.
>
> Tim

I forgot to CC the list on my last email.

What I am wondering is if a space to denote multiplication is
best or would it be better,say, to put parentheses around the
factors.  Adding the space would be easiest since at present
the multiplication is denoted by the "InvisibleTimes" entity:
⁢ which could easily be changed to a space.

Arthur