a meta name for axiom, open.axiom, fricas. was: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: a meta name for axiom, open.axiom, fricas. was: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [#55] Axiom doesn't run on Windows
Date: 20 Dec 2007 21:30:48 +0100

root <address@hidden> writes:

> >> Strictly speaking, Axiom does not run on Windows
> >> so this isn't a bug but a feature request.
> >
> >Tim, I guess with Axiom you mean your project.  If this is indeed the case,
> >please do not close bugs, just because they are fixed (in one sense or the
> >other) in this project - rather make the status "fix-proposed".  I would
> >like to have IssueTracker used as a common database of bugs.
>
> Clearly when the bug says Axiom it applies to the Axiom project.

This is your definition.  From a legal standpoint you may be right.  But I must
say that it complicates thing enormously if I have to replace "axiom" with
"axiom, open-axiom, fricas" in every bug report.

> If it says Fricas or OpenAxiom it applies to those projects.
>
> If you'd like to propose a meta-name that is not Axiom

Please propose such a name.  I cannot.  For me, the meta name is Axiom, and
there happens to be a sub-project bearing the same name.  But that's my
personal and biased view of things.

Martin