Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [#55] Axiom doesn't run on Windows

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [#55] Axiom doesn't run on Windows
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 15:59:09 -0500

>> Strictly speaking, Axiom does not run on Windows
>> so this isn't a bug but a feature request.
>
>Tim, I guess with Axiom you mean your project.  If this is indeed the case,
>please do not close bugs, just because they are fixed (in one sense or the
>other) in this project - rather make the status "fix-proposed".  I would like
>to have IssueTracker used as a common database of bugs.

Clearly when the bug says Axiom it applies to the Axiom project.
If it says Fricas or OpenAxiom it applies to those projects.

If you'd like to propose a meta-name that is not Axiom then
it might make sense to have a converged bug list. But if I have
to constantly struggle with the statement "this is a bug in Axiom"
when it is not, then a converged bug list does nothing but sully
the Axiom project reputation by reporting as bugs things that are fixed.

As you can see by my response to your "please review" request, I'm
perfectly happy to respond to Axiom bug reports. If it mentions
"Axiom" it means this project. So the above bug report is a feature
request.

If you'd like to keep bugs in fix-proposed then list it as a Fricas
or OpenAxiom bug report.

Tim