Re: [Axiom-developer] axserver patch for lastType

From: Arthur Ralfs
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] axserver patch for lastType
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 10:20:49 -0800

> > This patch is for axserver.spad.pamphlet to fix the lastType
> function which
> > wasn't doing the right thing.
>
> Could you give me an example of the wrong thing / right thing so
> I can
> see that the patch was applied correctly?
>
> Tim

Just about any sequence of commands will start off right but then
go wrong.  For example the recent derivative example:

x:=operator x         Type: BasicOperator
y:=operator y         Type: BasicOperator
F:=operator F         Type: BasicOperator
a:=F(x z,y z,z**2)+x y(z+1)         Type: BasicOperator   should be Expression(
Integer )

even simpler, issue )clear all then

x         Type: Variable x
x(1)  this is an error but still gives Type: Variable x,  with patch it
gives no type.

Arthur