[Axiom-developer] Re: Close Issues -> Close Fricas Issues

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Close Issues -> Close Fricas Issues
Date: 14 Dec 2007 08:27:53 +0100

"Bill Page" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 14 Dec 2007 06:42:13 +0100, Martin Rubey wrote:
> > Sorry, I can't see: which version of axiom would be preferred by
> > the proposal above?
> >

> The version of axiom that no longer exhibits the problem.

But I'd guess that would vary from issue to issue.  And, apart of that, what's
wrong with preferring a version that has an issue closed?

I'd expect that it would rather be an impetus for the others to close the issue
themselves, too.  In fact, that's the reason why I propose the scheme: as you
know, the only stuff I really can deal with are the algebra issues.  Thus,
given that my proposal is implemented, one rainy day I'd click on

"closed in XXX"

and I'd immediately see which patches have not yet been transferred to YYY and
ZZZ.  Since patching the algebra is mostly very easy (once the problem is
solved), it is very little effort to fix YYY and ZZZ and thus have the algebra
synchronized.

Or, if I hit a bug in the version I use, say "ZZZ", I can look at IssueTracker
and see *immediately* whether it has been solved in another version yet.

I'd expect that cloning the issues will imply significant overhead.

Martin