Re: [Axiom-developer] GCL on an AMD64 Linux system?

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] GCL on an AMD64 Linux system?
Date: 17 Sep 2007 11:39:46 -0400

Greetings!  Please ignore my last post asking for your log -- thanks!

Here is your failure:

GCL (GNU Common Lisp)  April 1994  262144 pages
Building symbol table for
/home/axiom/silver/lsp/gcl-2.6.8pre/unixport/raw_pre_gcl ..
I'm not an object
Lisp initialization failed.

This has been fixed in the 2.6.8 branch, but apparently not in your
snapshot supplied with axiom.  You need the following in your
debian/changelog:

  * support GNU_HASH sections, Closes: #426135

I'd suggest an update of the 2.6.8 tarball shipped with axiom (thought
this was already done?)  Please let me know if problems persist.  The
issue is not so much with GCL, but rather that newer ld shipped with
gcc is writing new section types into the object file, which GCL did
not know about, but does now.

Take care,