Re: [Axiom-developer] A student comment

From: Ondrej Certik
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] A student comment
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 23:28:48 +0200

> Typing help is ambiguous if you first type:
>
>   help(x) == x
>
> followed by
>
>   help Fraction
>
> but is not ambiguous if you type
>
>   )help Fraction
>
> The lack of the student interest in learning parsing techniques is annoying
> and shows a lack of interest in computer science.

I am a student too and I don't think I have a lack of interest in
computer science, nevertheless lisp and ")help Fraction" looks very
archaic to me as well. But in any case, Axiom developers should try to
motivate students to work on it, not discouraging them by telling them
they are stupid or annoying.

Ondrej