Re: [fricas-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom for Aldor or Aldor for Ax

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [fricas-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom for Aldor or Aldor for Axiom?
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 22:31:45 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 3 Sep 2007, Bill Page wrote:

| > I would like, first, to improve inter-operability with Aldor libraries
| > from within Axiom (and vice versa)  through ISA like FOAM.
| >

| Sorry, what is "ISA"?

"Instruction Set Architecture".  This is in reference to my goal to
have a well defined Axiom Virtual Machine that is not tied to Lisp.

| Are you aware that currently Aldor works within Axiom by compiling to
| Lisp?

Yes. But, eventually, I want to move away from Lisp.

| How do you see FOAM being involved?

I would like to see more documentation of FOAM and its semantics -- I
know there is a documentation; but I'm not sure how current it is and
whether it provides me with all I need.  I briefly discussed the
documentation issue with Stephen when I was in London last July.