Re: [Aldor-l] [Axiom-developer] "has" and "with" (was curious algebrafai

From: Bill Page
Subject: Re: [Aldor-l] [Axiom-developer] "has" and "with" (was curious algebrafailure)
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 17:10:07 -0400

On 8/14/07, William Sit wrote:
> For me, translating Spad code accepted by the Axiom interpreter into Spad code
> accepted by the compiler is a pain. Either require explicit coercions and
> calls in
> both the compiler and interpreter, or provide the SAME verifiable/selectable
> assistance in both cases.

I am inclined to agree. To me this means both, making coercions is
Spad more explicit (Like Aldor with only a few well know and
frequently used automatic coercions), and creating a version of the
Axiom interpreter that is equally strict. That said, of course a
strick interpreter might be viewed by some as more painful for the
user, so then there would be even more reason to create an alternate
single-typed (not type-free!) user interface language like BNatural.