Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: bootstrap Meta/Boot

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: bootstrap Meta/Boot
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 08:50:12 -0700 (PDT)

--- Bill Page <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ralf,
>
> I agree 100% with you. Removing BOOT *could* be a goal, but I
> definitely would choose the SPAD option over LISP any day. In fact as
> I understand it and as has been stated by some of the original Axiom
> developers on this list, this was exactly the goal of the original
> ScratchPad developers. Apparently Aldor was just another (big) step
> in this direction.

I don't understand why people are still arguing about this.  Some of us
clearly are choosing the lisp approach, and some of us are clearly
opposed to it - both sides to the point where they are willing to haul
their own freight, so to speak.  Code speaks louder than words.  In a
couple of days I hope to put up my first draft of asdf-literate on the
Axisp branch website.  Insofar as I am able, I will be doing my part to
help the Lisp camp.

Does anyone actually think further debate will achieve anything?  Tim's
original goal was to move in the Lisp direction.  He has stated this
from the beginning of the project, as I understand it.  Has this ever
been unclear?  We have had long debates about this without the Lisp
crowd being swayed away from their course.  If we are moving in
different directions, why are we wasting time trying to drag along
people who want to go in the other direction?

CY

Choose the right car based on your needs.  Check out Yahoo! Autos new Car
Finder tool.
http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/