[Axiom-developer] Re: Definition of big float marker

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Definition of big float marker
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 13:24:43 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007, address@hidden wrote:

|                           The things you're finding are either
| in dead code or are redefinitions affected by file load order.

OK.

Having all files in Axiom being compiled and properly setting up
dependencies is a good way of discovering many scary bugs.

| All I can suggest is to decide which marker is correct,
| move it to the global list in bookvol5, and document its use.

In my local tree, I'm moving them to bootfuns.lisp and make them
defconstant, as opposed to defparameter or defvar.  Though I'm sure a batter
place exists (which is not bookvol5).

bookvol5 should be stripped down so that logical logical definitions go at
natural places, not just bookvol5.  Many things in bookvol5 do not
belong there, and are not needed to build depsys.