Re: [Axiom-developer] bootstrap Meta/Boot

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] bootstrap Meta/Boot
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:51:41 -0700 (PDT)

--- Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> wrote:

> However, active proponents of Lisp rewrite have been very busy
> replacing readable Boot codes with unreadable Lisp captured from
> bootsys.   As a case in point, people can admire bookvol5.

FWIW, in my case that's not what I mean when I refer to a lisp rewrite.

> Independently of that, the rewrite into Lisp is a setback to
> stoneages.

A matter of opinion, unless you have some methodology to offer which
allows the question to be decided according to objective measurements.
However, it seems people are pursuing their various directions anyway
so it doesn't appear to be worth wasting time on any more debate.  If
anyone were going to convince anyone else I would have expected it to
happen by now.  The only way from this point is to have people try
things and make decisions based on experience.

Cheers,
CY

Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.
http://sims.yahoo.com/