Re: [Axiom-developer] aldor stream oddities

From: Franz Lehner
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] aldor stream oddities
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 10:20:32 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007, Bill Page wrote:
What is a "sequence domain"? Can you give a brief explanation or a reference?
see below
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007, Martin Rubey wrote:
Do you mean "potentially" infinite sequences of some ground ring, with
componentwise addition and scalar multiplication?
Exactly. It's straightforward, still I don't want to reduplicate code.
Actually UnivariateTaylorSeries could do it, but contains too much.

Here is another question.
I would like to use the recursive formula
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumulant#Cumulants_and_moments
to convert streams of moments into cumulants and vice versa.
This is a somewhat more involved than the Fibonacci example in the Axiom book and I don't see how map etc from StreamFunctions? could handle this directly. Before digging into the guess code or aldor-combinat where I suspect similar things are done, I thought I'd ask for "clever" solutions here.

regards
Franz