[Axiom-developer] Axiom and streams

From: daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Axiom and streams
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 21:13:57 -0500

Steve,

You're way ahead of me on the curve on this one.
I'm unable to use CLOS until Axiom lives under ANSI.

That said, I do see the long term advantage of taking streams
from various places using a common API. A networked version of
Axiom, a browser-based version of Axiom (something I've looked at),
a wxAxiom (using wxMaxima codebase, which I've looked at), doing
bi-directional graphics control, etc could all benefit.

I have no opinion on either path and will follow your lead on this.

Tim