Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom meeting at ISSAC

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom meeting at ISSAC
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 13:22:36 -0700 (PDT)

--- Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> wrote:

> No amount of emails or speculations to this list will have any
> impact.

Not on Aldor, no.  My PRIMARY concern is what impact Aldor will have on
the Axiom project, and that CAN be delt with on this list - it must be.

>From my standpoint, the Aldor issue is now closed - they have chosen an
incompatible license (which is their right, no problem) and we can now
proceed to improve/redo the existing one without fear that the work is
unnecessary.  Resolution either way is better than being left hanging.

Apparently, that opinion is not shared by other members of the list.
If I am alone in that opinion, it doesn't matter much.  If I am not, it
could be a real problem for Axiom.

> I'm under the impression that APL2 is a modified BSD license with
> non-commercial use clause added.  At least three people on different
> sides on the issue concurred on that view.

That's fine, but it is still incompatible and the intent is that it be
incompatible (at least with the GPL).  The issue at hand remains - what
course does the Axiom Project take?

CY

Choose the right car based on your needs.  Check out Yahoo! Autos new Car
Finder tool.
http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/