Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom meeting at ISSAC

From: Bill Page
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom meeting at ISSAC
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 10:13:11 -0400

On 7/31/07, C Y <address@hidden> wrote:
> --- Bill Page <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Fair enough if we get into the nitty gritty, but one question here - is
> there anyone who is interested in using Aldor given this non-commercial
> clause?

Certainly there are since there are some people using Aldor now and
none of these would qualify as commercial as fas as I know.

Can you suggest a credible commercial use? Do you know of any
commercial use of Axiom? I dont think this is really the issue. The
problem as I see it is lack of compatibility with GPL.  According to
Stephen this is deliiberate on the part of NAG. Apparently they object
to the "viral" natue of GPL.

> So you don't agree with Tim's analysis here?
> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/axiom-developer/2007-07/msg00147.html

I dont know anything about Intellectual property laws in the US but
isnt "Axiom" too common a word to qualify as a trademark?

Regards.