[Axiom-developer] Re: MonoidWithZero

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: MonoidWithZero
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 14:34:42 -0400

On 7/23/07, Tim Daly wrote:
Bill,

Could you please post a corresponding change for Axiom against
the SVN trunk?

I am sorry Tim, but I do not think this change can be made to work
without almost all of the completely new bootstrap system designed by
Waldek that is now part of FriCAS. It does not even work with the
wh-sandbox branch. The problem is that the change requires a deep
change to the databases files and cannot be compiled with the existing
database files that are used in previous versions. The reason is that
it can be made to work in FriCAS is that FriCAS no longer requires any
pre-existing database files and builds them all as the bootstrap
process proceeds.

The only possibility I can think of that might work be to update the
src/share database files in trunk with those generated by FriCAS. But
all this database stuff is rather a mystery to me so I could well be
wrong...