[Axiom-developer] Re: Pamphlet format discussion

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Pamphlet format discussion
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 03:37:33 -0400

On 7/21/07, Tim Daly wrote:
Bill writes:
> Integrating noweb into Axiom to support the current pamphlet file
> format seems entirely reasonble to me. I think calling noweb as a
> system supplied utility is the best approach.

In the current system the result would be the same from the user
perspective.  In future planned use this would not be the case.  Can
you state in one or two sentences either your advocacy of noweb or
your objection to native?

noweb exists, works as required and is maintained by someone else.
Rewriting basic tools is a waste of current and future resources. I
don't know what "future planned use" involves but in my opinion more
radical changes in literate programming philosophy are required then
can be accomplished by changes of this kind.