Re: [Axiom-developer] Unions in Spad

From: Bill Page
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Unions in Spad
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 18:19:44 -0400

Sorry, what I said (obviously) applies to Spad. Perhaps it is not even
controversial.  But I really intended to write was a reply to your
comment in defense of BOOT and reasons for distinguishing it from
Spad:

Maybe, just maybe, it is reasonable to associate BOOT more with the
earlier "ScratchPad I" project. As I understand it from the scant
literature about these early days, ScratchPad I was a more
"symbolically oriented" computer algebra system
In my opinion this is yet one more reason why Boot should *not* be
removed from the core Axiom system.

On 7/11/07, Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jul 2007, Bill Page wrote:

| In my opinion this is yet one more reason why Spad should *not* be
| removed from the core Axiom system.

Yes; Spad should be *improved*, instead of being removed and replaced
with a lower-level language.