Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: FriCAS

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: FriCAS
Date: 11 Jul 2007 07:44:43 -0500

Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

| Anyway, I believe (and I am probably right) that the branching (which
| started with build-improvements and then wh-sandbox) without sending
| patches (against gold) to the list was because these patches would
| disappear into a (formerly hidden gold-to-be).

Yes.

And I still believe branching was and is the Right Thing to do in
those specific cases.

I'd urge Tim to stop being divisive, exclusive, dragging the
project down into deeper black holes.

[...]

| Now gold-to-be=silver=trunk is in the open and developer knows about
| the hottest and latest development. That is good. In my eyes sending
| patches is about to begin. Gaby is preparing. But note, we had no open
| silver (but rather two or three unofficial ones). This chaos has
| stopped me from actually opening a doc-improvements branch.

Ralf --

  I would suggest that you branch off SF trunk (e.g. silver) and do
your work there and prepare patches.  Ignore Tim's politics for
doc-improvements branch.