Re: [Axiom-developer] Problem kTuple wish 2.

From: Bill Page
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Problem kTuple wish 2.
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 03:17:04 -0400

On 6/26/07, Ralf Hemmecke wrote:
Suppose you want a constructor like

M(T: Tuple Cat): MCat(T) == add {...}

for some given category Cat (For simplicity, lets say

   define Cat: Category == with {=:(%,%)->Boolean}

. The question now is how do I define MCat and the corresponding add
{...} in such a way that I am able to generate an element of M in a
simple form.

I tried to see how far I could get with this problem in Aldor. The
result is shown at:

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/SandBoxAldorTuples

The code compiles and is apparently type correct but it does not
exactly produce the expected output. This code seems to work best
compiled to Lisp and iinked into Axiom. When I try the same thing with
the Aldor stand alone compiler I get some peculiar and unexpected
error messages. Perhaps this is pushing the limits of what the
compiler can do but I seems to be almost there... Perhaps a bug report
is in order?