Re: [Axiom-developer] SVN failure

From: Alfredo Portes
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] SVN failure
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 23:03:38 -0400

http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#wc-out-of-date

Ok, I need help here.

I did an update
  svn update

Then I downcased the filename FAQ to faq by doing:
  svn mv FAQ faq
and got the result
  A faq
  D FAQ
The local filename was changed.

After doing all of the other changes I did
  svn commit -m"20070701 merge downcase branch to master"

The SVN commit blows up immediately with:
  Deleting FAQ
  svn: Commit failed (details follow):
  svn: Item 'trunk/axiom/FAQ' is out of date

I downloaded a new copy of the whole repository and did:
  diff -Naur old/faq new/FAQ
and they are exactly the same. So there are no changes to the files.
Update also did not see any changes.

So (a) what went wrong and (b) how do I fix it.

Tim