[Axiom-developer] Why did Axiom fail in the 1990s?

From: daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Why did Axiom fail in the 1990s?
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 18:24:03 -0500

> Although I am a beginner myself, I agree that documentation is vital,
> as well as classroom presence. I intend to trial Axiom in the current
> semester with a cryptography class, but I feel that at the moment
> Axiom is severely hampered by lacking a native windows version - with
> full documentation (HyperDoc or equivalent) and graphics ...

I've been looking at the User's issue that Martin mentioned but that
won't help on the windows front.

I've also picked up a copy of wxMaxima sources. I've been looking at
making a wxAxiom. It looks reasonably straightforward and might bear
fruit but not likely in the time frame you would like. Looking at
the details is queued behind the current test cycle.

A wxAxiom would give us a completely portable front end that had
a look and feel similar to Maxima.

Tim