Re: [Axiom-developer] Axisp news

From: Stephen Wilson
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axisp news
Date: 25 Jun 2007 17:23:12 -0400

C Y <address@hidden> writes:

> --- Stephen Wilson <address@hidden> wrote:
>

> > Greetings all, FYI:
> >
> > Today I updated the axisp repo with some new code.  The principle
> > change is a SPAD parser.  It is written in Lisp.
>
> WOW.  Is it ANSI Common Lisp?

Yes.  My main Lisp for axiom purposes is GCL2.6.8pre latest from cvs.
This is the only Lisp that I `support', but I have periodically
checked that sbcl and clisp accept the source.

> > For anyone interested in testing the new parser, be warned, this is
> > the first commit.  It is considered alpha quality.  I have been using
> > dhmatrix.spad and clifford.spad as a `representative' input.  There
> > is a lot of spad code the parser has never seen.
>
> Hmm.  How does it do with Martin's Guess package?

I have not tested it.  I would be surprised if it worked.  The parser
handles a good chuck of the spad grammar but it is known to be
deficient in a few areas, and even intentionally incompatible in
others.  Perhaps I will use the guess package as `representative'
input during the next iteration of improvements.

> > To explore these changes, note that they live in the remote branch
> > origin/axisp.  Anyone who would like some instruction as to how you
> > can view these changes with Git, I'd be pleased to provide the
> > details.  I will be updating the wiki page to contain more info in
> > this regard.
>
> I'll take a look, but it might be a little bit - summer is going to eat
> some time :-/.
>
> Thanks Steve for working on this!
>
> Cheers,
> CY