Re: [Axiom-developer] 2.7.0 reports

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] 2.7.0 reports
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 18:58:18 +0200 (CEST)

> Greetings, and thanks so much for the report!
>
> Will attend to the installation issues ASAP.
>
> The other is of course more serious.  Since you have it all setup,
> would you mind running with (si::use-fast-links nil)(trace (error
> :entry (break))) and then do a :bt at the lisp prompt?  For really low
> level, build gcl with --enable-debug and catch the segfault under gdb.
> If you do not have time, I understand.  How do I get the source you
> are working on?

The source is at (the revision probably does not matter much, but just
in case I add '-r 636' option):

svn checkout
https://axiom.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/axiom/branches/wh-sandbox -r 636
wh-sandbox

I have tried to enable debugging.  However, the image seem to be badly
damaged, because alredy the second command give me error.  To give
more context: we build one image using 'compiler:link'.  This image
is used to build the second one using 'save-system'.  The second
image gives me:

$ ./local-lisp
GCL (GNU Common Lisp)  2.7.0 ANSI    Jun 23 2007 01:35:47
Source License: LGPL(gcl,gmp,pargcl), GPL(unexec,bfd,xgcl)
Binary License:  GPL due to GPL'ed components: (READLINE BFD UNEXEC)
Modifications of this banner must retain notice of a compatible license
Dedicated to the memory of W. Schelter

Use (help) to get some basic information on how to use GCL.

Temporary directory for compiler files set to /tmp/

>(si::use-fast-links nil)

NIL

>(trace (error :entry (break)))
Segmentation violation: c stack ok:signalling error
Error:
Signalled by PCL::FREE-CACHE.
Condition in PCL::FREE-CACHE [or a callee]: INTERNAL-SIMPLE-ERROR: Segmentation
violation: c stack ok:signalling errorError in error:
UNIVERSAL-ERROR-HANDLER ERROR (FORMAT-CONTROL
                                  Caught fatal error [memory may be damaged]:
~a                                  FORMAT-ARGUMENTS
                                  (Segmentation violation.)) (FREE-CACHE
                                                               )

Backtrace: system:universal-error-handler > system::break-level > format >
pcl::print-std-instance > print-object > pcl::caching-miss > pcl::invoke-emf >
simple-condition-format-control > pcl::accessor-miss > pcl::update-dfun >
PCL::FREE-CACHE

Newly traced functions:  NIL

I will try '--enable-debug'...

--