Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: root chunks

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: root chunks
Date: 22 Jun 2007 17:59:52 -0400

Greetings!

C Y <address@hidden> writes:

> --- Stephen Wilson <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > If your working exclusively with SBCL, you /may/ be surprised when
> > you try with an ANSI 2.6.8pre.  It certainly has missing features,
> > but is quite usable as a near-ansi lisp.  I used to work with SBCL
> > exclusively. But the strides GCL has made recently towards ansi and
>
> I thought most of those strides were in the 2.7.0 branch?  I guess I
> need to check the ANSI build of 2.6.8pre again.

Though this statement is obviously ill-defined, I think 2.6.8pre is ~
75% the way there, and 2.7.0 ~90%.

> No question there :-).  (Note to self, don't scare Camm away with dpANS
> talk...)

Please accept my humblest apologies for my repeated silence here --
time management you know.

Here is the last I have on this -- I think the point of the
distinction of the public draft was partially missed -- there may
still be hope.