[Axiom-developer] root chunks

From: daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] root chunks
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 19:02:17 -0500

Besides the argument that the algebra files contain more than one root
chunk there is another difficulty with choosing a connection between
filenames and root chunk names. At the present time I'm walking the
system downcase all of the filenames. If there was a tight coupling
between file and root chunk it would require that I also modify each
file.

In general I feel that there should be no correspondence between
filenames and contents. The namespace and organization of files is
not related to the namespace and organization of information.

Tim