Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: testing hyperdoc package on Windows

From: Gregory Vanuxem
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: testing hyperdoc package on Windows
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 19:19:08 +0200

Le lundi 18 juin 2007 à 11:18 -0400, Bill Page a écrit :
> Greg,
>
> Have you tried this in Axiom built with gcl-2.6.8pre? If so what
> source version?

No, I tried this with gcl-2.6.8pre just checked out from cvs.

> More specifically have you actually tried Martin's
>  hyperdoc browser based on this socket code?

No, I only tested the lisp socket code, Martin wanted to know if the
socket code was usable on Windows. This is the piece of code I tested
(parts of Martin's code):

(defun mysocket (port docfun)
  (let ((s (si::socket port :server #'server)))
    (tagbody l
             (when (si::listen s)
               (let ((w (si::accept s)))
                 (server w)))
             (sleep 0.1)
             (go l))))

(defun server (s)
  (let* ((get (read s nil 'eof))
         (fn (and (eq get 'get)
                  (let* ((s1 (subseq (string (read s nil 'eof)) 1))
                         (n (length s1))
                         (s2 (make-string n)))
                    (do ((i 0 (incf i))
                         (j 0 (incf j)))
                        ((= i n) (subseq s2 0 j))
                      (if (char= (char s1 i) #\%)
                          (setf (char s2 j)
                                (code-char (read-from-string
                                            (concat "#x"
                                                    (subseq s1 (incf i)
                                                            (1+ (incf i)))))))
                        (setf (char s2 j) (char s1 i))))))))

    (format t "Got ~S~%~%" fn) ; server side
    (format s "hello~%") ; client side
    (close s)))

Using telnet I was able to connect to the server ask a page and receive
the "hello". The rest of the job to support Windows should be
straightforward (if not already done). In fact the first thing to do is
to have a version of Axiom with correct databases that build on Windows.
This require some other tests, hmm... apparently this is what you're
doing Bill :-). I think that build-improvements produces correct
databases too but it has the probe-file problem (probe-file no longer
works on directory).

Greg