Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom under Windows

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom under Windows
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 14:54:03 +0200 (CEST)

Gregory Vanuxem wrote:
> hypertex and the libdb.text files (Gold is buggy here). I can no longer
> use Axiom built on top of GCL because of a spurious bug in GCL
> (conditional statements not handled) and wh-sandbox misses file related
> functions when built on top of SBCL. Anyway when time will permit I'll

Could you be more specific about file handling in Windows SBCL?  AFAIK
makedir is problematic (but I hoped that it would work if you have mkdir
program in correct place) also chdir does not do much (but IIRC it is
taken verbatim from your Windows version).  Do you have problems with
other functions?  Also, do you how to pass file names to Windows
utilities in a way that avoid damage due to command line parsing
-- Unix shell has more qouting rules which allow you to pass any legal
charater as part of filename (I plan to add a simple encoder which
quotes all characters that need quoting).  I hope that Windows has
equivalent functionality.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden