Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom under Windows

From: Gregory Vanuxem
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom under Windows
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 16:30:32 +0200

Le samedi 09 juin 2007 à 18:56 +0200, Martin Rubey a écrit :

[...]

      * Gregory Vanuxem <address@hidden> writes:

> > Just one thing, Firefox seems to translate ` to %60 so the request
> is badly
> > parsed.
>
> Oh dear. Is there an ascii character which is forbidden in Axiom and
> left
> unchanged by every browser?  Or, otherwise, is there a simple solution
> to make
> Lisp keep the case? Currently I use vertical bars and
>
> (fn (and (eq get 'get)
> (subseq (string (read s nil 'eof)) 1))))
>
> but I think that this is not satisfactory.

No idea. I'm temporary resurrecting some hypertex functionalities in my
version of Axiom in such a way that compiling a spad file creates the
libdb.text. That will take some times since I know nothing about
hypertex and the libdb.text files (Gold is buggy here). I can no longer
use Axiom built on top of GCL because of a spurious bug in GCL
(conditional statements not handled) and wh-sandbox misses file related
functions when built on top of SBCL. Anyway when time will permit I'll
try your Lisp code on Windows and tell you if it works. I know that Camm
is working on socket code for Windows but I do not remember if his work
is finished, so... Another thing, Kai Kaminski did some work too in this
area, I wonder how it can be used since wh-sandbox can now be built on
top of Clisp.

> > I have another problem, Htlatex does not work on my Debian system (amd64
> > testing) but the LaTeX file is correctly generated.
>
> Oh, did you write Eitan?

No, that is right now, it's a bug in the Debian package.
Copying /etc/tex4ht/tex4ht.env to ~/.tex4ht fixed this issue.

I have looked at your HyperDoc package and in fact it's extremely simple
to obtain documentation from Spad. Shame on me, I thought it was more
difficult than that.

Greg