Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom under Windows

From: Gregory Vanuxem
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom under Windows
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 16:47:23 +0200

Le samedi 09 juin 2007 à 15:35 +0200, Martin Rubey a écrit :
> Gregory Vanuxem <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > > I'll resurrect it if there is interest.
> >
> > I'm interested, since some time now, in console mode documentation so I
> > would
> > like to play with your code.
>
> Hm, but the main point of my code is to display the doc in a browser.

Of course, I know that.

> > My main problem is that I don't now what queries are acceptable. Can you
> > give
> > me some samples (in console mode so something like
> > getDocumentation("foo`%20`bar")) ?
>
> OK.  But I'd rather suggest you use
>
> ops: Database IndexCard := getDatabase("o")$OperationsQuery
>
> and read the documentation of Database.  In fact, there is an example in the
> axiom book.
> Note that getDatabase hould return some large number (the number of all
> operations in axiom). if it doesn't, get a better axiom.

Hmm... I have to get a better Axiom, getDatabase returns 42. Now I know,
apparently, why my tests were unsuccessful.

> getDocumentation takes a string of the form
>
> "op`params`origin"
>
> where pattern matching is supported via the special sequence %20. (should be
> changed in fact, it should better be the empty string.)
>
> It returns a string which is the name of a html file generated via htex4ht.
> The name is the md5sum code for the complete specification.
> For example:
> (12) -> getDocumentation "binomial`%20`OutputForm"
>    ["binomial","%20","OutputForm"]
>    ["obinomial`2`n`(_$,_$)->_$`dOutputForm``253816"]
>    "57fde9cb599e74b4e1917af8ae728a05"
>
>    (12)  "57fde9cb599e74b4e1917af8ae728a05.html"
>                                                                  Type: String
>
> the result is (well, should be) the md5sum of
>
> obinomial`2`n`(_$,_$)->_$`dOutputForm
>
> Hmm, not sure what the `253816 is.  It seems that some debugging is
> necessary...

Ok, thanks, that works for me with wh-sandbox and build-improvements. I
will now be able to test your code, better understand it and probably
experiment with it.

Many thanks for your patience.

Greg